Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break



I haven't blogged as often as I would like, because...I haven't.

This week is Spring Break for the Little One and so it's also Spring Break for me.

My husband and I were both lamenting the fact that we both feel that we have no really close friends that we can hang out with here in CA. Back in NY, our house was a revolving door of friends and family; that hasn't happened here for us, yet, (I remain hopeful) but we both miss it and handle it in different ways.  The different ways in which we handle sometimes get on each other's nerves, for example, we're arguing and we don't even know why, but we're getting through it.

Because the Little One is the only child at home, she is for all intents and purposes an only child. Therefore these extended breaks pose a challenge for me.  To alleviate her boredom, we ventured to the park yesterday.  As we are there a little girl says hi to me.  I thought, she must be mistaken and has confused me with someone else.  She then proceeded to say hello to my daughter; my daughter informs me that she goes to her school.  During our time at the park, her mother and I start talking and it turns out, WE ARE NEIGHBORS and she does hair!!! I can literally walk to her house. Both of these things are big deals.  Anyhow, the girls seem to have genuine fun with each other and so today I have another little girl at my house (kind of like old times)!

Also today out of the blue, a friend at my church called, just because, to say hi and get together for yogurt.

These things are little, but God cares.  I am sure he orchestrated my meeting at the park for just this time, and I am grateful.  People say the devil is in the details, but I know God oversees all the little details of my life - nothing is too minuscule for Him.

God cares about every detail of your life…
He collects every tear in a bottle (Psalm 56:8)
Even the ones we shed over spilled milk, over chocolate fallen down the heater grate and shed for no reason at all.
Even the ones we pull out trying not to scream at children, even the gray ones we wish weren’t there, even the ones that just won’t lay right despite three tries with the curling iron.
Even the ones that seem silly but cut deeply, even the ones that keep us up at night, even the ones we won’t admit really did hurt.

He numbers every hair on your head (Luke 12:7)

He knows every hurt in your heart (Psalm 34:18)

I love the thought that God– the Creator of the universe, Who has the whole globe to take care of, Who gave His only Son and owes me nothing– still cares so much about me and the piddly worries of my daily life. That’s amazing. He is the Lover of my soul, the Nurturer of my spirit, the Giver of bread from Heaven (John 6:27). (source)

If you're on Spring Break - enjoy it.  Don't lose sight of the fact that this week is called Holy Week, and Jesus went through an awful lot on Friday so that we can have Resurrection Sunday!




3 comments:

  1. A neighbor and she does hair...awesome!!

    Enjoy your spring break and may your holiday be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of the state are you in? I thought you were in NY. We should meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thought you moved from So Cal to NY. But its the reverse. We should meet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.