Monday, August 27, 2012

Respite

Life is aggravating.

Life is wearying.

Somehow, when you return from a vacation, you wish you could stay in that place, but real life is smacking you in the face and sooner than you wanted to you're no longer in vacation mode.

This morning as I prayed, it occurred to me  that I have a Comforter and I can take a respite whenever I need it and as often as I need it.  I don't have to wait until I'm emotionally spent or physically ailing.  As I walk and I'm weary, I can give it to Him. He's there for me.

I love the word respite and the vision it conjures up - rest, relief, relaxation.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4
What do you need a break from? Do you find yourself wishing for a breather?




1 comment:

  1. I always find myself wishing for a break. Always looking forward to getting away.

    It is funny how much excitement and anticipation there is when you're looking forward to a vacation, and then it comes to an end and it starts all over again.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.