Sunday, December 23, 2012

This is 46

I'm a Christmas baby, so I have double the reasons to love this time of year.

me and hubby
Yesterday, I made no plans, and was thoroughly surprised by my family.

You know what I think of birthdays - they're special, and the person born on that day was special. The world would be a lot less without you being here. I like to acknowledge birthdays, because some people just don't know how special they are until you tell and show them.  Making them feel good makes you feel good. Wives and mothers sometimes feel unacknowledged for all the good that they do. A birthday is the perfect opportunity to show just how much this important woman matters - and yesterday they delivered. A surprise visit to a spa, gifts, and dinner later.

On my birthday, I also strangely thought about my brother who passed away. I don't know why, but I did. Some how I could hear his voice in my head reading Psalms 19. I sometimes wonder what it's like to be in heaven, but I don't get too far since I really can't comprehend the magnitude and magnificence of heaven.

This blog is called Life....after death, because the death of my brother gave greater perspective to the things in life that we sometimes take for granted. I have a sibling that lives really close to me geographically, but we are so far apart relationally. It wasn't always that way, but its the way it is now. She's lonely and really does not look forward to the holidays. She blames Los Angeles, for most of this, but it's bigger than that - it's rather complicated. In any event, I passed by today, since she called my parents who live in NY and they then called me to tell me she was not doing well (I told you it was complicated). I hope I was able to cheer her up.

I'm rambling; but I'm glad I made it to another year. I have no shame in saying my age since apparently I don't look it, but even if I did it wouldn't matter; I'm grateful for my husband (though sometimes our communication styles could drive a sane person crazy); I'm grateful for my children; for my small church family; for Christmas time and Christmas music and for salvation.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11 
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” Luke 2:14 


Happy Birthday Jesus! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Glad that you had a wonderful birthday.

    Happy Birthday and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post gave me happy goosebumps. Full of lovely words and good wisdom on how to go about things. Keep smiling, Nylse! It looks fabulous on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.