Sunday, April 20, 2014

New Things

In the Christian tradition, Easter Sunday signifies new things. Easter is significant in that it is the first time that it was prophesied that Jesus would die and rise again. Easter reminds us that Jesus was obedient, and did the Father's will even though it was difficult. Easter is about love for us. The empty tomb is a verifiable event in the course of history.

New things - Retelling the Easter story to eager 10 and 11 year olds, and really having an opportunity to impart the uniqueness that is Easter.

New things - Sharing this day with friends and family and reveling in the joy of the Lord.

New things - Having a daughter pay her grandparents a surprise visit.

The best new thing - we have an opportunity to start over because of what He did for us.

Isaiah 43:18, 19 tells us, "Behold I will do a new thing (and He did; He died and rose again); forget the things that have happened (it's all behind you, I'm not holding on to it), I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert (I will give you exactly what you need)."



“But forget all that—
it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. Isaiah 43:18, 19 (NLT)

Have you experienced the new thing that God wants to do in you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.