Sunday, August 24, 2014

Encouragement - We All Need It



Today I was sharing some of my job search "adventures" with a sister after church. As I recounted different experiences and the jumble of thoughts that may sometimes cripple a job seeker, she in all of her innocent beauty said, "Those weren't the right opportunities for you, that's why they didn't work out."

Her aura, and her encouragement just did so much in that moment and she didn't even know it.

But encouragement can be like that - sometimes it's just the little word, thought or action that makes all the difference in the world.

And then I remembered this verse later: God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of LOVE, POWER and a SOUND MIND. 2 Timothy 1:7 This week as I deal with whatever comes my way I'm holding on to two things:
I don't need to be afraid and God has got it all under control.

Source


What will you hold on to this week?




1 comment:

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.