Friday, August 15, 2014

Life's Little Pleasures

Source
There is a lot of unrest in the world as I write; without me naming specific incidents you can probably recite them.
Those things can weigh you down, so instead I'll think about life's little pleasures. Not because I'm in denial, but because these things make me happy and when I'm happy I can tackle bigger problems.

So here's some of life's little pleasures:






  • The Little One had a friend over; they're doing nothing special but the laughter and enjoyment of each others company puts a smile on my face.


  • When visiting my parents in NY seeing the smiles on their faces as everyone was around.


  • Having conversations or small talk with my children; extra pleasure - hearing maturity.


  • Catching up with friends over a cup of tea.


  • Alone time.


  • Couple time.


  • Holding hands.


  • Sunrise - being outside at the crack of dawn.


  • Telling a joke and everyone getting it.


  • The satisfaction you get from the smell of clean laundry just out of the dryer; actually being at the dryer when it stops so you can still feel the warmth of the clean clothes.


  • Exercise.


  • Reading - I just completed a variety of books on my vacation which increased my enjoyment.


  • Praying - in the moment right where you are; sometimes just to offer thanks or to ask for help.


  • Answered pray - seeing solutions in small ways to big things that I've prayed about. 

Source


Little pleasures for me often involve laughter, smell, touch and memory. Little pleasures put a smile on my face. Little pleasures remind me that even though this world has gone mad, there's still much to smile about and perhaps there's something I can offer to quell the madness. Little pleasures have a huge impact.


Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 

What can you add to the list of little pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.