Monday, June 29, 2015

Being Fit

Since I've become a running enthusiast, I want to high five anyone I see running and putting in the effort. To me, it doesn't matter if you're slow or you're fast. If I see you running I know it's an act of the will to be applauded. Because as runners know, running doesn't ever get so easy that it's like breathing. After all is said and done, you do it because you know and see that the benefits outweigh the excuses.

I have the same enthusiasm with I meet another believer - I want to give them a high five because I know they've discovered the truth. They knew something was missing in their lives and it turned out to be Jesus. To me, it doesn't matter where you are in your walk, but that you are working it out. It's an act of the will to choose to follow Jesus. But you don't do it for the applause. You follow Jesus because the benefits outweigh the excuses.

As we make an effort to be physically fit, let's make the same effort to be spiritually fit and reap the benefits of both.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6 [NLT]

How fit are you?

Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.