Saturday, August 29, 2015

Writing about Writing

Here's what's happening:

Source
I want to write. I have a great conversation or a thought runs across my mind. I  think, "I should write this; it''s really good; I'm sure somebody will appreciate this perspective." I sit down to write. I click "New Post." I start writing the initial thoughts and then nothing, absolutely nothing. I know at this point I should keep typing until my thoughts become cohesive.  Just get it down on paper is my mantra. But there seems to be a disconnect between my brain and my hands.

So I have many incomplete posts; though frustrated I'm glad I've done that, because at some point I know I will be able to finish.

There have been times when I would write and my thoughts would flow and I was quite happy with the result. This is not happening now. I want to get back there, but until I do, I'll keep writing what I can. I know what's happening with my writing is what we all go through at different points in life, so even in this I'm encouraged to keep going. And just in case you've missed me, I wanted you to know I've missed you too; I didn't intend to stay away so long.

I've seen many bloggers and writers come and go. I don't want to leave yet as overall I enjoy the process too much. My faith is my anchor and I rely on it heavily.

For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” Zephaniah 3:17 [NLT]
This verse doesn't say when things are good or when you're writing He rejoices. It says He is with me and He rejoices over me. There's no mention of my circumstances. Writing is like running to me - it's not something that I cannot do - some days I run well, these days not so much. However I'm just glad I am able to do something. Even in the trying times I'm learning that the most important thing is to keep relying on the One who sustains my faith.

Writing this post just may be cathartic and hopefully my writing becomes prolific again.


If you've gone through this, I would appreciate your thoughts on how you got unstuck. Thanks for reading.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're going to keep writing Nylse. I truly enjoy reading your posts. I understand what you're saying, as I have many posts that are waiting to be completed that I never finished, however writing is a part of me. I love writing, but sometimes my daily responsibilities get the best of me. I agree with you on your conclusion, and that is to keep relying on the one who sustains our faith. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, thanks for reading and thanks for your encouragement. I imagine you have gone through something similar as well so I really appreciate what you've said.

      Delete

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.