Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On My Mind



  • Last month I read a book called Fast Times in Palestine - I think many of us in this country don't have a true understanding of the Arab/Israeli conflict.  The gripping narrative focuses not only on violence, terror, and social and political upheavals but also on the daily rounds of house parties, concerts, barbecues, weddings, jokes, harvests, and romantic drama that happen in between. Its seamless blend of travelogue, memoir, and narrative journalism ramps the average American up to a sophisticated, multi-faceted understanding of the Israel/Palestine conflict. This book was a personal account of the author's time  in Palestine; I highly recommend it.

  • And then this paragraph from the op-ed section in this article today: "Now once again Israel is faced with two options: Continue to exist as a Jewish state while controlling the Palestinians through military force and racist laws, or undertake a deep transformation into a real democracy where Israelis and Palestinians live as equals in a shared state, their shared homeland. For Israelis and Palestinians alike, the latter path promises a bright future."

  • Reading the Bible as a family is such a stress reliever. No discussion is necessary, just read a chapter and let it speak to you.

  • Some of my best blog posts were never written but left as comments on a provocative post.

  • 50 Shades of Grey is all the rage, but I won't be joining the party.  I don't typically judge a book by it's cover, but having read similar types of books in the past, at this stage of the game I'd rather keep my mind pure.

  • Don't go through life alone - cling to someone bigger than you - Jesus.

  • Finally, today is National Running Day - I hope you got your run in.

  • June is Black Music Month - On June 7, 1979, President Jimmy Carter proclaimed the month of June as Black Music Month after tireless lobbying from Kenny Gamble of legendary songwriting team Gamble & Huff. Now that's something to celebrate! 


I had to do a brain dump - too much things on my mind. What's on your mind?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments; but please be kind. Unkind comments will be removed.